What questions are you asking yourself?
I interpret this as: What mysteries fascinate you most?
Obviously the biggest mystery is Consciousness. It is the ultimate reality. Consciousness does not require a proof. We all experience it to some degree. We all know about the waking consciousness after all but Consciousness is much more. Consciousness is not a question. For something to be the subject of a question it has to come within the scope of mind. Consciousness is beyond mind. It cannot be the subject of a question, it can only be experienced.
There are many mysteries, however, that come within the scope of mind. I will mention the ones that fascinate me most.
- The mystery of beauty: I am fascinated with beauty. Where does beauty come from?
- The mystery of memory. We don’t understand how memory works. I have read Eric R. Kandel’s book titled “in Search of Memory” but I couldn’t find the answers I was looking for. Scientists made very little progress especially when it comes to long-term memory. There is also something called extra-cerebral memory but the scientists would reject it from the outset. This shows the dogmatic attitudes in science. The extra-cerebral memory is real. Science will discover it someday.
- Mystery of chakras and the kundalini.
- Mystery of vital currents in the body. After centuries of scientific development medical scientists and doctors still do not have a clue about the vital currents (airs) in the body. Why are they so subtle and mysterious? Maybe this is how life protects itself.
- Mystery of microvita.
- Mystery of citta the mental plate. Citta is the ultimate simulator. It is like the movie screen. The ego watches the images on this screen. Most probably citta is the medium of the long-term memory as well. Not only that, the Cosmic Citta is the primordial fabric of the universe. The Omnkara vibrations are carried by the Citta. This is an important subject.
- Mystery of gravitation. What is gravity and what is mass?
- What is particle charge and spin?
- What is time?
- The question of evil. Why does God allow evil? This is the age old question. There is no satisfactory answer.
- What happens after death? We are supposed to focus on life not on death. So, I try not to think about this question but I do.
I have some mischievous questions too.
- Is there a Neanderthal admixture in modern human DNA?
- Is it true that humans came to Earth from Mars 1 million years ago? Then various genetic admixtures happened in the course of time. Is this all true?
- What techniques did the ancient Egyptians use to build the pyramids in Giza?
Here’s the responses to the 1998 question at the Edge website.